Tuesday 11 July 2023

Nolan Porter - If I Could Only Be Sure


Nolan Porter - If I Could Only Be Sure (1972)
Another one from the "wow" playlist. When this came on... just wow. That opening guitar line took took my breath away and my heart went funny. My body had a memory of this song before my mind did. A vibe like this is priceless, it's simply the best. All the elements are in perfect unison to create one of the greatest toe tappers in history. 

My brain's not functioning beyond "ME like" today so it's handy that the fans of this very special tune in the comments are unusually articulate.

- A bass riff to die for...

- My world changes from winter blues to summer sunshine in just a few minutes...

- Absolutely stunning - beautifully understated - sends a shiver down my spine!

- Quietly addictive..and that opening riff! digs real deep!

- Great organ bridge moving to solo guitar...

- Proper music...

- So cool...

- This is faultless...

- Doesn't come any better. Pure 100% class...

- Sublime...

Nobody mentioned that insistent rhythm which makes If I Could Only Be Sure so joyously infectious.

Play it again Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment