Friday 29 July 2022

The Missing Links - You're Driving Me Insane


Now we're talking...back to the British beat, the FREAKBEAT! Although this is actually from Sydney in '65. I'm sure Freakbeat Phil included several Australian and Dutch 45s in his freakbeat micro-genre roundup...I guess so long as it's not American and has been touched by the hand of mayhem it's in. This is buzzing with so much electricity on so many fronts. Lust, violence, noise... I've finally caught the spice-y virus and well my brain just can't think up the words to express the vibe for this song... If you don't already know the tune just press play and voilĂ  it'll be one of your 60s favourites.

2 comments:

  1. Perfect Friday night listening! Great choice Tim. I have this album on vinyl. I think I read somewhere that The Saints were into this band which piqued my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Saints did a cover of Wild About You on the first record.

    I'm guessing you don't have the 1965 pressing as that goes for $2000. I got the 90s cd DRIVING YOU INSANE which is awesome coz it's got the non LP singles too.

    ReplyDelete