Monday 13 March 2023

Flying Saucer Attack


Flying Saucer Attack - Everywhere Was Everything (1994)
This is right in the sweet spot of all the converging things noise-pop, shoegaze, space rock, lo-fi, drone-y psych-folk and whatever else I've forgotten. Such fresh exciting territory at the time, it gave new hope for those of us still wanting the ultimate in psychedelic pop noise.


Flying Saucer Attack - For Silence (1995)
Probably my favourite FSA jam from their second LP Further. Starts out out all mellow, lo-fi & folky then ends up in a meteor shower space rock storm. Peak FSA.

2 comments:

  1. Everywhere Was Everything - I like this! Do you like Bailter Space Tim?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nelsh Bailter Space 12" on Flying Nun from 88. I used to go to Melbourne like 10 times a year in the late 80s. I'd go to the footy and go to the record shops.

    Then the first few Bailter Space Albums Thermos, Tanker, The Aim, Robot World etc.

    I got disappointed by when they did was it Wammy? Then did they break up? They were tops for a good 5 years.

    The best though was that Gordons LP from 81 or 82. That's one of my favourite all time records.

    ReplyDelete