Sunday 2 October 2022

Sacred - Do It Together (1992)


I just listened to this for the first time in 12 months and 30 years later I am fucking astonished, still. Do It Together is just so inspired and so inspirational. It's got the lot! All the hardcore elements of the past, present & future are here. Why even bother with words? They just fail to capture the essence of the dizzying heights (emotionally, artistically, culturally) of this tune. This is quite simply possibly the best breakbeat-hardcore-rave tune of the entire 90s.

1 comment:

  1. On some days this is my all-time favorite. Certainly right up there. That "call me a star watch me shine" bit.... Finally got it on vinyl several years ago. Had to have the object itself. George Kelly did a few other nice things but this is on a whole other level and carves his name into the pantheonic marble and then some. A tune that sums up and distils everything about the scene and that moment in time.

    ReplyDelete