Friday, 9 October 2026

Real Life Saver · Gary Charlson



[1978]
The power-pop party continues with all the misses and non memories from regional nobodies you cherish and love.

Real Life Saver's got all of the lovely hooks... everything here is in the right place... an array of tasty guitar flavours... melodiousness for days.. A Pizza dee resistance! A platter du jour!

Despite being released in the new wave era this is just classic old school power-pop. Coulda been made five years earlier know what I mean. Who the hell is/was this guy? All I know is this primo slice of pure power-pop turned up on one of those Shake Some Action cd compilations I bought many moons ago, twenty five years ago. Gazza came from Kansas City and made one of the sweetest unknown seven inch singles of the genre... that's it. 

*B-side also rock'n'roll heaven see below.


Not The Way It Seems - Gary Charlson [1978]
Toppermost of the power-poppermost.

Doesn't get any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment