Sunday 29 January 2012

Re: Grrr that book.....

Well here's a fuckn' surprise, not!

The unknown 3rd author of The 100 Best Australian Albums, someone O'Donnell turns out to be a record company exec who signed Silverchair, Something For Kate, Jebidiah, Missy Higgins and Empire Of The Sun.  So the other 2 authors didn't see a conflict of interest with this?! Fuck me if they didn't bury their heads in the sand, praying nobody would notice while their $$$ came in.  Those aforementioned 5 acts were all included in the list and quite high.

I thought maybe I was being a bit harsh saying 'the book didn't ring true'. How fuckn' wrong I was!

In my You Gotta Be Kiddn' Me Category I listed 12 examples of 'Pure Shite'.  Funnily enough this O'Donnell  signed at least 4 of the acts included in that category. It's like Eddie commentating on Collingwood games.  Not acceptable! It's worse than that. This O'fucknDonnell is just tryin' to boost his reputation by sayin' 'look at these acts I signed, they're in the top 100 of all time. 

This is a fuckn' OUTRAGE!

Bon Scott's ACDC records miss out, so this o'donnell's signings get a place in a joke 100 album list.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am thinking about removing the c word. Can I get in trouble by the blog police for saying such things? Would I like to be called a c#$% by a stranger on the internet? I probably wouln't care but who knows ?

      Delete
  2. Top 100 lists are for record executives anyway. And magazines that need to stay in print. And sportspeople too. Anyone who really cares about music knows they don't matter. Including you, I suspect. Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would be interested in your thoughts on the whole Triple Hottest 100 songs/albums/Aussie albums/Triple J undergad comedic presenters lists and whether they have any merit. Whenever anyone makes a list that people vote for, what is current always corrupts the list. For example, in 1998, Triple J's Hottest 100 songs of all time was filled with Whitlams songs. Would JJJ listeners these days even know this band? Likewise, would fans of Died Pretty be voting these days? etc. etc. Once again, lists. "It's art, maaaannn", "It used to be about the music" and so forth. Enjoying the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Whitlams weren't forgotten in the mid 00s. In The Age 50 Best Australian Albums of All Time list they were at #46 with some shite album my gran would be embarressed to own. What was it called again....that's right..Shitecap!

      Delete