Tuesday 8 May 2018

Tropical Fuck Storm - You Let My Tyres Down



Sometimes it's hard to deny a great rock song innit? Best thing since this beauty below from 2005.



That Tropical Fuck Storm tune is new. Gareth Liddiard formed this new group last year with fellow Drones member Fiona Kitschin. Other members include Lauren Hammil (High Tension) on drums and Erica Dunn (Palm Springs) on guitar and other stuff. Their new debut LP A Laughing Death In Meatspace is more immediate, experimental and varied than The Drones. Oh and the chemistry! The drumming is the best I've heard since Per Byström (Ooga Boogas), there's great girl/boy vocals and the guitar interplay is astonishing at times. The song structures are impeccable while they may appear chaotic they never fall apart. It's a pretty fuckin' good record.


To top it all off it comes in the best album cover since.....I dunno... a time when LP covers were good and an integral part of of the whole musical artefact. #MakeAlbumArtGreatAgain.


1 comment:

  1. This is incorrect information dude. I said I'd hardly listened to Havilah because I thought it was only half good. I remember seeing Drones gigs pre-Here Come The Lies so....

    ReplyDelete