Friday, 10 March 2017

Church Posters 82-84










I've recently started using pintrest as a therapeutic tool, in conjunction with anti-anxiety medication, for my often constant state of high anxiety . My blog has been plagued by inactivity over the last couple of years and physical illness, depression and anxiety have been the cause. Under the influence of anti-anxiety medication your brain wilts and cohesive thought processes are disabled. It's not like getting stoned or wasted on painkillers where you become relaxed and thoughts can become excitingly intensified, you just kinda go blank. It's not particularly fun but it relieves the harsh and all consuming existential horror for a while. Pintrest can have a fabulously calming affect. Before pintrest sorting out shelves of books, records and cds was my usual mo as well as organising playlists in i-tunes and other such ocd things. Anyway my Steve Kilbey and The Church board I created on pintrest is my latest. These posters I've put here are from that board and they're weird, funny and quite curious. The videodisco at The Maroubra Seals club sounds great. What about Slug Lord for a name for a promotions company? This is just the tip of the iceberg, I might post some more. Perhaps there's a way to link my pintrest to my blog, I dunno. This might be boring to some but it's helped me calm down immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment