Wednesday 4 February 2015

Dolphin Jungle Part 2



Didn't know this Nebula II track from 93 at all till Simon pointed it out to me. Those first 2 records from Nebula II were so good I don't know why I didn't follow them beyond that point. There was so much happening in the 90s music-wise you didn't know where to look or what was coming next. There's another version I see there on the label which doesn't seem to be on youtube though.



The classic Bukem track Atlantis from 93 that needs no introduction. Been listening to so much obscure drum'n'bass that you tend to forget how good the main players were, early on anyway.


This Nebula II tune from 92 Flatliners isn't too dolphin e is it? Bit of Tone-Loc in there and a whole bunch of other stuff. Not heard this either...me like. 'ardcore!


Then there was this one too from Bukem, maybe it was on the other side of Atlantis no it was the follow up single. It's from 93 anyway. I recall enjoying this one. It must have been on a tape. God, maybe I'll get out some post-Rufige Kru Goldie.


Now this one is a crackin tune. I love that swallow/marine life (whatever the fuck it is) sample that I guess we all first heard on 808 State's Pacific State. I think I read somewhere that was just a standard sound setting that came with the ??? instrument. No one had to go searching for this sample on an obscure wildlife documentary. The beats on this are frenetic. A true fucking classic of Dolphin Jungle even if it's perhaps not as calm as some of the other tunes. I think this was Bukem's first 12". What a way to start huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment